Superior Wealth Plus Whole Life Plan
Are you looking for additional assurance for the present day, while building a wealth that ensures a comfortable future of your dreams? Superior Wealth Plus Whole Life Plan (“the Plan”) is a whole life insurance plan with adequate lifetime protection and a savings component, serving your needs at different life stages and helping to protect your love ones.
The Plan provides competitive returns through regular payout of guaranteed cash coupons, which can amount to a total 100% of the Sum Assured. The Plan also pays annual dividends1?to help you capture potential returns. With life protection until age 100, you can embrace life fully today and set your sight on a wonderful future.
?Guaranteed Cash Coupons up to a Total of 100% of Sum Assured
We understand your needs may change at different life stages, which is why the Plan distributes regular guaranteed cash coupons, with a total payable amount at 100% of the Sum Assured. You may withdraw the cash coupons for financial flexibility, or accumulate them in the Policy account to earn interest2.
?Flexible use of Annual Dividends
During the Policy term, you will receive non-guaranteed Policy dividends1?each year, which you may deposit in the Policy account until maturity to earn interest1, or withdraw, or use to offset against future Premiums.
?Bolster Your Returns with Maturity Dividends
At Policy maturity, you will receive a maturity amount equivalent to the Sum Assured, accumulated dividends with interest (if any), and accumulated cash coupons with interest (if any), less all Indebtedness (if any).
?Lifetime Protection for Peace of Mind
The Plan offers life protection up to age 100. If the Insured passes away during the Policy term, we will pay to the Beneficiary a Death Benefit equal to the Sum Assured or the accumulated Premium due and received less the accumulated cash coupons paid or the guaranteed Cash Value at the date of death of the Insured, whichever is higher, plus any accumulated dividends with interest (if any), any accumulated guaranteed cash coupons with interest (if any), less all Indebtedness (if any).
?Comprehensive Protection with Optional Coverage
With a choice of optional benefits, the Plan allows you to tailor a full range of optimal protection for your specific needs, including coverage for accident, critical illness, hospitalization and waiver of premium
?Different Premium Payment Term Options to Accommodate Your Financial Needs
The plan offers eight Premium Payment Terms for your selection, allowing you to budget flexibly. The Premium amount remains fixed throughout the payment period, easing your financial planning.
Superior Wealth Plus Whole Life Plan
|Issue Age||From 15 days after birth to 70 years old|
|Policy Currency||HKD or USD|
|Premium Payment Term3||5 years, 6 years, 8 years, 10 years, 12 years, 15 years, 18 years or 20 years|
|Benefit Term||To age 100 of the Insured|
|Premium Payment Method||Annual, Semi-annual, Quarterly, Monthly or Annual & Prepayment of Premium4|
|Minimum Sum Assured||HKD80,000 or USD10,000|
The information provided herein is for reference only. Please refer to the insurance contract for the details of the provisions, benefit terms and exclusions of the Plan.
1 The dividends and interest are not guaranteed. The actual benefits and/or returns may be lower or higher than the estimates. China Life (Overseas) reserves the right to revise these from time to time. The actual amount of dividend is subject to the overall performance of China Life (Overseas)’s participating businesses, including investment returns, operational expenses and claims, etc.
2 Customer may withdraw the distributed cash coupons at any time where withdrawal charge will not be applied, however the account value and death benefit may be affected in case of withdrawal. In addition, the accumulated interest rate of cash coupons and returns are not guaranteed, and the actual benefits and/or returns may be lower or higher than the estimates.
3 Policy fee of HKD200/USD25 (depends on Policy currency) will be charged during the Premium payment term. The fee will be charged together with the Premium.
4 If customers opt for the Annual & Prepayment of Premium option, they can withdraw the unused prepaid Premium (including interest, if any) at one time and China Life (Overseas) will charge 2% of the withdrawal amount as withdrawal fee. The minimum fee will be HKD100 or USD12.5. Customers can withdraw the unused prepaid Premium once only. The interest rate of Prepayment of Premium is not guaranteed.
Please refer to the Policy documents for the complete definitions of the capitalized terms, as well as all the terms and conditions of this product. You are reminded to review all of the relevant product materials provided to you and to seek independent professional advice if necessary.
- The Policy is underwritten by China Life Insurance (Overseas) Company Limited (“China Life (Overseas)” or "us/we/our"). China Life (Overseas) is responsible for the features, underwriting and benefit payments under the Policy. You should fully understand all of the risks involved in this product and consider whether this product is affordable and suitable to you before making your application.
- China Life (Overseas) shall make the final decisions on the underwriting and claims. We shall rely on your submitted information to assess whether to accept or decline your application, and shall refund any Premium paid without interest for declined cases.
- Exclusions and Limitations - The information stated in this product brochure is for reference only. Please refer to the General Provisions for the exact terms and conditions and limitations such as incontestability, suicide and fraud etc. or all exclusions.
- Non-Payment of Premium / Automatic Premium Loan - You should pay Premium(s) on time according to the selected Premium payment schedule. If the due Premium remains unpaid upon the expiry of the Grace Period, an Automatic Premium Loan will be taken out against the Policy to settle the unpaid Premium automatically. All Policy Loans are interest-bearing and calculated at a rate (as stated on our corporate website?www.lbuiag.icu) to be declared by us from time to time. Interest accrued shall become a part of the Indebtedness. When the loan balance exceeds the guaranteed Cash Value of the basic plan of the Policy, the Policy will be lapsed and you will lose the related insurance coverage and suffer a financial loss. Under these circumstances, the Surrender Value of the Policy will be deducted to repay the outstanding loan balance (including interest), and the remaining value will be refunded to you.
- Dividend and/or Crediting Interest Philosophy - This is a participating and/or providing interest on accumulation insurance plan. Premiums received from the policies will be invested to a variety of assets according to China Life (Overseas)’s investment strategy. The surplus from the invested assets will be shared with Policyholder through declared dividends and/or interest rate on accumulation in accordance with the relevant clause in the benefit provision. China Life (Overseas) will ensure a fair sharing of profits among different groups of policyholders and also between policyholders and China Life (Overseas). China Life (Overseas) will review and determine the dividend and/or interest rate on accumulation at least once a year, the current projection on dividend and/or interest rate on accumulation are not guaranteed and subject to change with the entire performance of the relevant policies and the factor including but not limited to the investment returns, operating expense, claims experience, commission, persistency, past experience and future prospect. In addition, China Life (Overseas) will consider both past and future outlooks of all factors including but not limited to:
Claims– include the costs of providing Death Benefit as well as other benefits under the product(s).
Investment return– including the interest income, dividend income, outlook of interest rates and any changes in the market value of the product’s backing asset.
Expenses– including both direct expenses (e.g. commissions, underwriting, issue and premium collection expenses) and indirect expenses (e.g. general overhead expenses) related to the product.
Persistency– including policy lapse and partial surrender experience.
Note: The dividend or interest rate history is not an indicator of the future performance of this product.?
- Investment Philosophy, Policy and Strategy - China Life (Overseas) aims to strive for minimizing volatility of the investment return and provides stable return as our investment philosophy. Assets are mainly invested in bonds and other fixed income instruments, such as government and corporate bonds and other fixed income instruments to support the guaranteed financial obligation. To enhance the performance of the investment portfolio, China Life (Overseas) invests in equity-type investments and other investment instruments such as mutual funds and direct / indirect investment in properties or commercial institutions.?
The investment portfolio will be diversified across different geographic regions and /or industries. Investment strategy will be subject to change depending on the market conditions and the economic outlook. China Life (Overseas) will inform Policyholder the relevant changes in dividend and/or interest rate on accumulation and the impact to the policies when there is change in the investment strategy.
?China Life (Overseas)’s current investment strategy on participating and/or providing interest on accumulation plans are as follow:
Please refer to China Life (Overseas) Company’s website www.lbuiag.icu/products/dividendandinvestment for dividend history, Dividend and/or Crediting Interest Philosophy, Investment Philosophy, Policy and Strategy, as well as the fulfillment ratio of China Life (Overseas).
Asset Type Target Asset Mix (%) Bonds and other fixed income instruments 50% to 90% Equity-type investment and other investments 10% to 50%
- Cooling-off Right - You have the right to cancel the Policy within the Cooling-off Period and obtain a refund of any Premiums paid by giving written notice to us provided that you have not made any claims under the Policy. Such notice must be signed by you and submitted to China Life (Overseas) at 22/F, CLI Building, 313 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong within 21 days after the delivery of the Policy or issue of a Notice to you or your representative informing you that the Policy is available, whichever is earlier.
|What are the key product risks?|
|Credit risk||This product is a life insurance Policy issued by China Life (Overseas). Any Premium paid will become part of our assets and our financial strength will affect our ability to meet our contractual obligations to you under the Policy. Therefore this product is subject to our credit risk.|
|Early surrender risk||The savings component of the Plan is subject to risks and possible losses. Should you surrender the Policy early, you may receive an amount considerably less than the total amount of Premiums paid.|
|Exchange rate and Currency risks||Any Policy with foreign currencies involves risks, such as potential changes in political or economic conditions that may substantially affect the price or liquidity of a currency. The fluctuations in exchange rates may also cause financial losses to you during currency conversions. You should consider the potential currency and exchange rate risks before deciding which Policy currency you should take.|
|Inflation risk||The cost of living in the future may be higher than expected due to the effects of inflation. Therefore, your current planned benefits and/or returns maybe insufficient to meet your future needs even if we fulfill all of our contractual terms and obligations.|
|Liquidity and Withdrawal risk||You are obliged to hold the Policy and pay the Premium for the designated period of time. If you terminate the Policy prior to the Policy Maturity Date, you will suffer a financial loss. In case you make partial withdrawals from the Policy, your account value, death benefit and other Policy values will be reduced, and you may need to pay the relevant handling fee or charges (if any).|
|Non-guaranteed Benefit||This Plan consists of non-guaranteed benefits and/or returns. The actual amounts of benefits and/or returns in the future may be different from the benefits and/or returns which project on the product materials.The product materials are for illustrative purposes only.|
|Policy Termination||The Policy will be terminated if (a) the Insured passes away, (b) you do not pay the Premium within 31 days of the due date and the Policy has no Cash Value, or (c) the outstanding loan amount is equal to or exceeds the guaranteed Cash Value of the Policy.|
The information and descriptions contained herein are not intended to be complete descriptions of all terms, exclusions and conditions applicable to the products and services, but are provided solely for general informational purposes. For complete details please refer to the actual policy or the relevant product or services agreement.